Friday, April 3, 2009

Big Fat Story

Just a quick post with a little bit of free time I've been lucky enough to aquire. I was browsing my usual web news outlets today and I realized that while The Daily Beast is at times too focused on lengthy and wordy commentary by ego-empowered writers, they do have one feature that I feel can revolutionize news aggregation: their "Big Fat Story" section. In it they profile situations, people, and headlines that are of-the-moment, and do it in a picture diagram sort of way that makes it almost enjoyable to gather more info around the net about the given topic. I give kudos for adding to the many revolutionizing ways we are finding to get news to the people, and I hope that more of these innovations will find themselves around the internet's many news resources. My favorite Big Fat Story section they have running right now is "Obama vs. The World" a feature on the trials and tribulations of the new American president as he interacts for the first time with fellow world leaders at the G-20 summit in London this week.

No comments: