Sunday, March 22, 2009

Admist Disteria, I Now Return to It

It has been a long departure since my last postings to this blog and I blame this on my knack for allowing procrastination to get the best of me and for becoming to bogged down by the constant barrage of negativity in current events and politics. My direction in creating this blog was to commentate on the sometimes really crazy world that I call home. But lately it has become a little too crazy to easily sit back and reflect on exactly what is happening. We have a government, ran by a leader I voted for, that has fallen into the ranks of serious under-performers. Congress bickers and whines at every new step that is taken and decidedly spends its time moaning about bonuses given to bank employees while each and every day brings more hardships and difficult times for the majority of people in our Republic. Even the dreamers and idealistic among us have allowed pessimism and the great unknown to foil their once grand aspirations. As I try to work with fellow students on bold projects that must be built from the ground up, I find over-worked and over-stressed peers (along with myself) that just want to take a break from all this nonsense taking place around us, rather than roll up our sleeves to begin the work we really want to do. ASU is becoming more and more mundane as the weight of looming massive budget cuts prepare to alter the educational landscape we're still getting used to. The economy in a larger sense is still a scary and uncomfortable subject that is now largely ignored by the populists and replaced by numbing political games and controversies that our media elites just can't get enough of, and believe we all want to hear so much about.

But I am breeding a new perspective in myself while enduring this portion of history and have decided to be more proactive in voicing my opinions, hence the new posting. I will push myself to continue to add content to this blog and to turn it back into a personal observation deck where I take the time to see the sometimes malicious, yet always wondrous view of such Disterical times.

And to add some flossiness to this long-lost post, here's a link to a Bright Eyes song that frames my thoughts on these current times nicely:

Bright Eyes - No One Would Riot For Less (MP3)


Found at skreemr.com


Peace,
Drew

No comments: