Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Musical Tour De Force

Lately I have been spending some time reading books and enjoying some pretty amazing music. I figured I should make a post to share some of the best. Thanks to Skreemr, an online mp3 search engine, I can do just that. So here are a few songs I have gathered.

Nina Simone - Wild is the Wind
Found at skreemr.com

I first heard this song on the Revolutionary Road trailer and couldn't get over it.

Julie London - Cry Me A River


Found at skreemr.com

This song was in V for Vendetta, and is blues at its finest.

Amy Winehouse - Love Is a Losing Game


Found at skreemr.com

Winehouse might be a crazy coked-out Brit, but she definitely knows how to work the mic.

Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal


Found at skreemr.com

Voted by Pitchfork as the 2nd best track of '08, this one's a keeper.



Gonna prob do more of these musically satisfying posts in the future so stay tuned for more!

PS- if you're into film scores, check out Thomas Newman's (American Beauty, Finding Nemo) score for Revolutionary Road for free here (click "score" for the playlist)

No comments: